What you drink everyday truly matters. And for anyone looking for a beverage that provides focus and lasting energy, while also being healthy, the solution is natural, organic teas.
So what qualifies a tea as organic? First, it must be cultivated through the use of naturally-occurring nutrients and minerals, which help to promote healthy growth. It must also be produced using methods that don’t contain harmful chemicals meant to kill insects and weeds. And that’s why we source our teas only from organic farms that utilize nutrient-rich soil.
In order to help you fully understand what makes them so special, let’s take a look at the 8 health benefits of drinking organic tea:
8 Health Benefits of Organic Tea
1. Free of unwanted toxins - The last thing you want to put into your body are unhealthy toxins. However, many teas today are grown using harmful chemicals - pesticides that are not only harmful to our environment, but to our bodies as well. Over time, they start to build up in our tissues. By drinking organic tea, you can enjoy a cup knowing it’s free of toxins.
2. Keeps your gut happy - When you maintain a healthy digestive system, you’re contributing to your overall well-being. And believe it not, a happy gut is a real thing. Serotonin, the “happy chemical”, is produced in your gut when your digestive system is functioning properly. Drinking organic tea that’s free of heavy metals and toxins, can restore the balance of bacteria in your gut so it can produce more serotonin. Here’s to a happy gut!
3. Full of antioxidants - When your diet is high in antioxidants, you’re helping to prevent or delay cell damage. Drinking organic tea means you’re getting plenty of these must-have antioxidants. The benefits are endless, including slowing down the aging process, improving your skin texture, reducing your risk of infection, and flushing out free radicals. Best of all, you’re helping to protect your heart and lowering your risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer.
4. Keeps you lean - Nothing ruins a healthy diet faster than sugary, calorie-loaded beverages. Organic tea however is a great option for anyone looking to reduce their calorie intake while also staying well-hydrated. Tea is a ready-to-go, calorie-free beverage that can be enjoyed hot or cold. Healthy tip: Instead of adding milk and sugar, try adding some spicy cinnamon, fresh lemon, or a dash of peppermint.
5. Helps improve your mental health - Tea lovers can agree…a cup of tea is incredibly soothing. And that’s because tea contains an amino acid called L-Theanine, which promotes relaxation by lowering your levels of stress and anxiety. It stimulates cognitive awareness, improving your memory and overall concentration and reducing ‘brain fog’, while reducing your risk of developing dementia, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s disease. By simply drinking a cup or two of organic tea each day, you’ll soothe your nervous system, clear your mind, and set yourself up for a good night’s sleep.
6. Can lower your blood sugar - If you have diabetes or you’re at risk of developing it, maintaining your blood sugar levels is essential. By drinking organic black or green tea, you’re benefiting from prebiotics, which slow the release of sugars, helping to regulate your glucose levels. Healthy tip: Adding cinnamon to your tea can also help by controlling your appetite by curbing your hunger.
7. Full of vitamins and minerals - By drinking organic tea, you’re taking in a wide variety of vitamins and minerals - Vitamin B6 helps with metabolism, Potassium maintains a healthy heart, Folic Acid helps keep your cells healthy, and Manganese is essential for bone growth and development. Tea is also one of the few natural sources of Fluoride, which can help to prevent tooth decay and gum disease. Plus, if you love green tea, black tea, or oolong tea, you’ll benefit from high levels of Vitamin C, which is a potent antioxidant.
8. Heart healthy - Organic tea is full of heart-healthy compounds, including polyphenols and antioxidants, with the most benefits being found in green and black tea. They can decrease levels of ‘bad’ cholesterol in your arteries, which helps to improve your blood flow and lower your risk of heart attack or stroke. So drinking a cup of organic tea a day promotes a healthy heart and a longer life.
Now that you know the health benefits of drinking organic tea, get started adding your favorite flavors to your shopping cart at ingenuiteaandspice.com!